Re: ChangeLog entries

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Re: ChangeLog entries
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 00:21:15 +0200

Hi,

On Tue, 2003-08-19 at 00:54, Brian Jones wrote:
> Mark Wielaard <address@hidden> writes:
> > I would certainly made this into three commits but would have just used
> > the given separate ChangeLog entries as shown since eacht entry is
> > clearly a group of changes that is related.
>
> My typical usage is:
>
> 1) Make vast sweeping changes
> 2) cd classpath
> 3) cvs ci .
>
> I don't really like that this puts changes to other files in the log
> of every file... but it's the easy and simple way not to screw up.
> More helpful if cvs grok'd ChangeLog entries and fixed the log as you
> go... but oh well.  Should I adjust?

No, I think this is fine. As long as the "vast sweeping changes" are
related to each other. If they change completely different things in the
code then it makes sense to copy your classpath cvs checkout working
directory and work/test these thing separately so they can easily be
committed independently from each other.