Re: Kaffe/GNU Classpath AWT support

From: Brian Jones
Subject: Re: Kaffe/GNU Classpath AWT support
Date: 28 Aug 2003 18:59:44 -0400

James Simmons <address@hidden> writes:

> I have managed to get the GNU Classpath AWT build under kaffe. The only
> issue I ran into was kaffe uses profiles to define which classes to build.
> The problem is the Classpth AWT code requires code from java beans and
> java.accessibilty. So the profile default breaks. The profile allatonce
> works with some changes. So I have something working. I'm working in the
> native code but I was wondering if any work has been done for a xlib peer.
> It would save me some time if this is the case :-)

I think Kaffe has an AWT that has some xlib peers already.  GCJ
contains some xlib peers for Classpath's AWT.  Someone was recently
working to get the Kaffe xlib peers and all the Kaffe AWT code working
under GCJ.

The variations on AWT and Java2d are starting to require a huge
matrix.  It would be nice to standardize a peer interface.

Brian
--
Brian Jones <address@hidden>