Re: [patch] Re: HashMap putAll/putAllInternal bug

From: Brian Jones
Subject: Re: [patch] Re: HashMap putAll/putAllInternal bug
Date: 25 Sep 2003 18:34:05 -0400

Stuart Ballard <address@hidden> writes:

> Dalibor Topic wrote:
> > Not attached here ;)
>
> I already resent it but just in case that didn't make it through, I've
> re-attached it here.
>
> > Could you give it spin on kaffe from CVS? It uses Classpath's
> > collection classes.
>
> It applies cleanly to Kaffe CVS (of course) and passes all 144 "make
> check" tests; I also confirmed that it does have the desired behavior
> of allowing nrdo's first pass to run unmodified on Kaffe and generate
> correct results. If this gets accepted (and barring any problems in
> the second phase, which is mostly pretty simple JDBC) I can put nrdo
> on Savannah! Woo!

Cool, don't want to hold you up on that too much.  Wondering how Sun's
impl makes a copy of the given Collection while avoiding copying an
object being modified in another thread.  Anyone know?  I think the
Iterators are supposed to throw exceptions when this occurs too.

Brian
--
Brian Jones <address@hidden>