New homepage

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: New homepage
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 16:57:57 +0100

Hi all,

[UPDATE: It appears I broke it :( I am trying to figure out what I did
wrong. Help wanted...]

Patrik Reali (of Joas fame) was so kind to update our webpages. He is
playing in the mountains at the moment (he will be back in two weeks).
So I committed them. All praise should go to Patrik, any screwups are my
fault. There are some nice macros to easily create new pages, the
attached README file explains how to do this (all files can be found in
doc/www.gnu.org in CVS). There is a new sidebar and a beginning of a
FAQ, but it is not linked yet and it is very empty at the moment. Please
take a look.

Since I didn't know how Patrik made the relative/absolute paths work in
the sidebar I added an explicit base statement to the layout.wml file:
<base href="http://www.gnu.org/software/classpath/";>
(This makes it hard to try out changes in a local directory, but I
didn't know a better way to make it work.)

I did also try to make sure the old names are linked to the new names by
updating the .symlinks file on the website. If you find anything not
working correctly anymore at http://www.gnu.org/software/classpath/
please let the list know.