Re: Compiling on Windows like systems

From: Grzegorz B. Prokopski
Subject: Re: Compiling on Windows like systems
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 21:42:57 -0500

W liƛcie z czw, 27-11-2003, godz. 06:51, Mark Wielaard pisze:
> Hi,
>
> configure.in had the following macro definitions:
>  AC_CYGWIN
>  AC_MINGW32
>
> The Autoconf manual says they are deprecated and all autotools complain
> loudly about their usage. Since I couldn't find a real reason for using
> them I just removed them for now. Do we actually have people compiling
> Classpath (native libraries) on those systems? Could they check what
> breaks for them?

I'll be fighting with Classpath on Cygwin this monday. So far the
problem I saw was that cygwin by default compiles static versions while
I need shared libs to be able to use them with SableVM.

These macros look outdated though. I think you can safely remove them.

I didn't need them to compile SableVM under cygwin. I only added
AC_LIBTOOL_WIN32_DLL (which - according to the discussions I found
- shouldn't be needed either) and "-no-undefined" for libtool.

Once we have SableVM (and Classpath) Cygwin port finished - it should be
easy to find out (=diff) what's actually needed to make it work
smoothly...

Feel free to remind me around january if I forgot.

Cheers,

                                Grzegorz B. Prokopski

--
Grzegorz B. Prokopski <address@hidden>