Re: FreeBSD build failure

From: Archie Cobbs
Subject: Re: FreeBSD build failure
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 08:40:20 -0600 (CST)

Michael Koch wrote:
> > The file native/target/generic/target_generic_file.h has this line:
> >
> >     #define TARGET_NATIVE_FILE_FILEFLAG_SYNC O_SYNC
> >
> > However, FreeBSD uses "O_FSYNC" rather than "O_SYNC", so the build of
> > Classpath on FreeBSD fails (is it just me?).
>
> Well, I think classpath was not tested on FreeBSD for some month (!!!).
> I've a patch that should solve your problems. Please test it and report
> back.

Thanks, that should do it.

I also noticed this:

    $ make
    Making all in lib
    "Makefile", line 420: Need an operator
    make: fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue
    *** Error code 1

    Stop in /usr/home/archie/classpath/cvs.

It works if I use "gmake" instead of "make". Line 420 is:

    sinclude $(JAVA_DEPEND)

This seems to be a gmake-specific makefile construct. This line also
exists in Makefile.am so this doesn't seem to be automake's fault.

> > Would it be possible to fix this before 0.07?
>
> Unfortunately not. Classpath 0.07 is already released just not uploaded
> to ftp.gnu.org I think.

No problem.. eagerly awaiting posting of the new 0.07 tarball :-)

Thanks,
-Archie

Archie Cobbs     *    Halloo Communications    *     http://www.halloo.com