Re: SystemClassLoader

From: S. Meslin-Weber
Subject: Re: SystemClassLoader
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2003 17:54:49 -0000

Hi Mark, Robert,

On Tue, 2003-12-02 at 08:56, Robert Lougher wrote:
I'm the developer of yet another open-source Java VM
(http://jamvm.sourceforge.net).  I'm about to release version 1.1.1
which has been updated to Classpath-0.07 (basically VMThread/Thread).

And I notice you've got the ARM port done - You've got me interested :)

That is a nice little VM you have there. It just worked out of the box
with 0.06. Can't wait to try out the new version based on 0.07.

In your installation documentation you said to disable awt-peers. But to
my big surprise these just work out of the box when enabled. And it even

Ok, now you've got my *undivided* attention...

functionality and I'm trying to keep JamVM small (approx 80K on Intel,
100K on PowerPC stripped).

That's tiny! What's the stripped size on ARM?

All in all a very interesting project!

Steph