Is this approach Valid

From: Adam Young
Subject: Is this approach Valid
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 17:23:26 -0800

Hi, I'm the guys that joined recently and claimed he woulld implmenet the javax.security.auth packages. As I've dug through the volumes of info, the public Java docs, and the messages about what wqas or wasn't a good way to approach coding I've come up with a plan. Before I go down this path, I'd like a little validation. Since I can't look at the Sun code, I'm trying to find a way to make a test that the new Classes I implement do the same thing as the original. I've started with

javax.security.auth.Subject.

Along with this is implmenetations of AuthPermission and SubjectDomainCombiner, all writine just refering to the official Javadocs and a couple books I have on Java Security. I would like to write a test ala JUnit or Mauve. If I write this Trest in Eclipse, and use its automatic code generation facility to read the Sun Version of the Subject class and writie delegation code withi n a class, I will at least have a comprehensive list of all the public methods in the interface. This simplifies my test to making sure that all these methodss work. Is this Kosher? If I write a Test against the Sun implementation, and then rewrite my implmeentation until that Test runs, should this test then be added to Mauve?

Has anyone used the Mauve framework to write unit test other than for Classpath? Is there a Test framework portion of the code sepreate from the Testlets defined for testing Classpath?

Any suggestions on avoiding both legal and technical hassles here would be appreciated.

And yes, I've deleted the Sun source code from my installs of the JDK.  Heh.

Adam