Howto integrate recent classpath with gcj?

From: Robert Marcano
Subject: Howto integrate recent classpath with gcj?
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 14:43:09 -0400

I have built the cvs head release of classpath in order to know in what
could i help implementing the AWT/Swing classes

I am trying to launch a small test application with a Frame and a Button
inside it, but "gij" has problems locating the correct toolkit
implementation (or entire classpath library)

I am running:

        gij -Dsun.boot.class.path=/home/robert/dev/share/classpath
-Dawt.toolkit=gnu.java.awt.peer.gtk.GtkToolkit -cp . Test

I have configured de CLASSPATH, and LD_LIBRAY_PATH environment variables
as documented on INSTALL file

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/robert/dev/lib:/home/robert/dev/lib/classpath::/home/db2inst1/sqllib/lib
        CLASSPATH=/home/robert/dev/share/classpath/glibj.zip:.

I used "-cp ." because the "." on CLASSPATH environment variable is not
being seen. I have tried with different values of "sun.boot.class.path"
even pointing it to /home/robert/dev/share/classpath/glibj.zip

The exception is:

Exception in thread "main" java.awt.AWTError: Cannot load AWT toolkit:
gnu.java.awt.peer.gtk.GtkToolkit not found in [file:./, core:/]
   at java.awt.Toolkit.getDefaultToolkit() (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.4.0.0)
   at java.awt.Window.getToolkit() (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.4.0.0)
   at java.awt.Container.addImpl(java.awt.Component, java.lang.Object, int)
(/usr/lib/libgcj.so.4.0.0)
   at java.awt.Container.add(java.awt.Component) (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.4.0.0)
   at Test.main(java.lang.String[]) (Unknown Source)

TIA
Robert Marcano

web: http://www.marcanoonline.com