Re: user.timezone property

From: Steven Augart
Subject: Re: user.timezone property
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 21:21:33 -0500

I assume your VM is implemented in C or C++, based on your discussion of the OSI extensions. In that case, how 'bout strftime() with the %Z format? If you set user.timezone to the string that strftime( ..., "%Z", ...) generates, Classpath's java.util.TimeZone will do the right thing when it initializes.

--Steve

David Holmes wrote:
[....]
> OSX doesn't support the OSI
extensions so I have no idea how to obtain the timezone info in the
necessary format. :(

David Holmes

--
Steven Augart

Jikes RVM, open source Research Virtual Machine:
http://oss.software.ibm.com/jikesrvm

Office: +1 914/784-6743
T.J. Watson Research Center, IBM