RE: Classpath build process and VM-specific issues

From: Jeroen Frijters
Subject: RE: Classpath build process and VM-specific issues
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 20:34:42 +0200

Etienne Gagnon wrote:
> Mark Wielaard wrote:
> > I would like the vmdata field type then to be VMClass not Object.
>
> I disagree, as it imposes a restriction on what vmData actually is.
> The most obvious implementation of vmData is to be a byte[] instance
> holding the byte of a native pointer to an internal VM non-moveable
> data structure.

I'm glad to see we agree (although I don't think it's at all obvious
that it should be a byte[], not all VMs use native code).

I've attached my first shot at the structure. It's actually quite
trivial. I've already implemented it in IKVM.NET and it works very well
for me. Please let me know if this works for you too.

Regards,
Jeroen