Re: Patch: remove C++ keywords

From: Eric Blake
Subject: Re: Patch: remove C++ keywords
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2004 07:49:27 -0600

Tom Tromey wrote:

My only comment or criticism is that, in the absence of regular
checking for this, we'll just see more code like it checked in.
That's been the experience with non-C89 constructs, I don't see why
this would be any different.  It's just too hard to remember to write
in some language subset without compiler-assisted checking.

To avoid regressions, would we want to use a common header file to #define the C++ keywords into something that will generate a compile-time error when compiling under C? That is

#define this do not use C++ keywords, JNI must compile in C and C++

--
Someday, I might put a cute statement here.

Eric Blake             address@hidden