Task: java.awt.geom.GeneralPath

From: Sven de Marothy
Subject: Task: java.awt.geom.GeneralPath
Date: Sat, 08 May 2004 18:52:26 +0200

Greetings!
I'd like to offer up some help with task #2 on your list, the
GeneralPath-implementation. (and by necessary extension, some
of the other stuff in java.awt.geom.*)

I've got one technical question: I noted that the Sun
implementation of the CubicCurve2D.intersects() seems to have
errors near cuve endpoints.
(try this: http://www.qc.physto.se/~sven/IntersectDemo.jar)
I suspect the Sun implementation checks an open interval, which
is formally incorrect, as béziers are defined on a closed one.

E.g. In one dimension: A curve from x=5 to x=10 does not intersect a box
from x=0 to x=5. Formally, it should.

Should one aim at reproducing the Sun implementation, or at being
a 'correct' one?

In reality, this is probably not much of an issue tho.

Also, I haven't done any GNU work before, so could someone get
back to me on the copyright form, etc?

(Yes I'm clean. No, I haven't ever read Sun's sources. Yes, I have
undisputed copyright on my work. Yes, I'm certain of that.)

/Sven