Re: [cp-patches] Updated: crypto merge patch

From: Dalibor Topic
Subject: Re: [cp-patches] Updated: crypto merge patch
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 16:18:35 +0200

Casey Marshall wrote:
"Stuart" == Stuart Ballard <address@hidden> writes:

Stuart> The big holes, therefore, are only:
Stuart> - Swing (obviously heavily in progress)
Stuart> - CORBA (no work is being done here AFAIK)

I think there are free implementations of this being done by others. I
don't know about licensing etc.

Stuart> - Sound (Kaffe scores almost 100% here, some merging needs
Stuart> doing?)

Kaffe gets javax.sound from Tritonus, which is LGPL, so we can't
include it in Classpath. We could ask them for permission to do so
under Classpath's license, if they are still around (the news page has
its latest item in 2003).

Yep, they are still around ;) Michael Pfisterer is on this list, and has updated tritonus to 1.5 including the generics bits, afaik. He was one of the persons that volunteered to help with the generics part of the class libraries.

cheers,
dalibor topic