Re: VMClassLoader

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Re: VMClassLoader
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 12:07:48 +0200

Hi,

On Thu, 2004-08-12 at 19:18, Tom Tromey wrote:
> I notice that VMClassLoader still has this:
>
>    * <strong>For backward compatibility, this just ignores the protection
>    * domain; that is the wrong behavior, and you should directly implement
>    * this method natively if you can.</strong>
>
> I suggest we pick a flag day to switch this.  In particular I think we
> ought to simply remove the old form of defineClass() and only have the
> form that accepts a ProtectionDomain.

I agree. And a since the old form of defineClass() isn't even used from
the rest of GNU Claspath I think we can remove it immediatly. Runtimes
will probably have provided their own VMClassLoader implementation
already.

If nobody objects I want to commit the attached patch next week.

2004-08-14  Mark Wielaard  <address@hidden>

        * vm/reference/java/lang/VMClassLoader.java (defineClass): Removed
        version that didn't take a ProtectionDomain.