Re: bug 10491 was Re: More astonishing progress in japi scores

From: Stuart Ballard
Subject: Re: bug 10491 was Re: More astonishing progress in japi scores
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2004 09:03:48 -0400

Casey Marshall wrote:
That might turn out to be the longest 6 months ever, since Classpath
is still missing the badly-written web browser and HTML WYSIWYG
composer (javax.swing.text.html) :)

There's no way to wrap Gecko, KHTML/WebCore or GtkHtml to perform this function?

WebCore might be the most promising because AIUI they replaced all the Qt dependencies with a toolkit-independent mechanism, which could then be implemented as Swing calls. Plus I'm pretty sure the upcoming release supports WYSIWYG editing...

(Sure, any of these are likely to be far more powerful and conformant than Sun's implementations. But I'm not sure that being "too standards-compliant" can be considered a bug...)

Stuart.

--
Stuart Ballard, Senior Web Developer
NetReach, Inc.