Re: Moving system properties to gnu.classpath.*

From: Dalibor Topic
Subject: Re: Moving system properties to gnu.classpath.*
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2004 16:16:59 +0200

Jeroen Frijters wrote:
Michael Koch wrote:

Personally I'm against both types of such hacks. The current solution probably duplicates some code but it easy to understand, needs no hacks and extra support from the VMs.

I don't think the current solution is easy to understand. The library
initialization bootstrapping is quite complex because many classes
require access to the system properties and currently that forces
java.lang.System to be touched (which in turn constructs
System.in/out/err and that sets off more static initializers).

Couldn't we solve that by splitting off the dealing with properties into a static inner class of System instead?

cheers,
dalibor topic