RE: Moving system properties to gnu.classpath.*

From: Jeroen Frijters
Subject: RE: Moving system properties to gnu.classpath.*
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 17:02:14 +0200

Michael Koch wrote:
> I don't think adding an extra layer with obscure hacks will make the
> situation better.

It's not another layer and it's not an obscure hack. Think of it as
fixing one of Java's most glaring design deficiency.

I guess I've been programming in C# for too long (which has an
"internal" access modifier which is basically what we need), to me this
seems like a perfectly obvious thing to do.

Regards,
Jeroen