Re: clickthrough license

From: Per Bothner
Subject: Re: clickthrough license
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 17:57:31 -0700

David Holmes wrote:

The JCP also doesn't require the (final) specifications to be provided
under a click-wrap.

Being involved in this at present with another JSR I can assure you that the
JCP does require a click-through license for downloading specs.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but I think it would be useful if you could
point to a specific document that states such a requriement.

Notice also that the JCP and related agreement/processes ahve changed
over the years.

I don't believe that not saying the "Java" word when describing what GNU
Classpath is lets you off the hook here. If nothing else the classes and
API's in the java* namespaces would fall under Sun's copyright.

You mean Sun's trademark, not copyright, of course.
--
        --Per Bothner
address@hidden   http://per.bothner.com/