Re: trouble configuring Classpath CVS head

From: Steven Augart
Subject: Re: trouble configuring Classpath CVS head
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 19:27:39 -0400

Andrew John Hughes wrote:
On Thu, 2004-10-21 at 02:41, Steven Augart wrote:

Steven Augart wrote:
 I saw that PKG_CHECK_MODULES is

defined in classpath/pkg.m4, and I went ahead and manually copied pkg.m4 to /usr/local/share/aclocal

I should have explicitly mentioned here that, once I manually copied pkg.m4, then when I ran autogen.sh it did create aclocal.m4 with the PKG_CHECK_MODULES definition included, and autoconf did make a valid configure script.

Odd -- I've just done nearly the same thing (my first compile + install
of Classpath for a while -- pre-October at least) and everything went
fine (well, it installed at least).

Unless you built with --disable-gtk-peers, you would have encountered the problem if it were present on your system.

I think some systems will have a version of pkg.m4 already installed in /usr/local/share/aclocal or /usr/share/aclocal. I expect that accounts for the differing behavior.

I've modified autogen.sh by having it call $ACLOCAL with the additional flag "-I .". That seems to have done the trick; I went ahead and committed the change.

--
Steven Augart

Jikes RVM, a free, open source, Virtual Machine:
http://oss.software.ibm.com/jikesrvm