Re: Mauve test question

From: Thomas Zander
Subject: Re: Mauve test question
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 23:56:24 +0100

On Tuesday 28 December 2004 20:37, Thomas Zander wrote:
> lets write a test-runner that automatically creates one jar file (I just
> finished doing so, its 1Mb) with all tests from java.* and javax.* and
> then places that on a server, with the test-run-results from a couple of
> Sun JVMs.
> I could probably put that into a runnable jar where you can pass
> arguments like version and other options taken from the source files.

Since various Mauve users have said they wanted something like this anyway;
I went ahead and coded the jvm-parsing stuff already.
I read all source files, parse the minimum/maximum JVM 'Tags' from that file
and store it.
Then I have a new class called 'Filter' which will ask you what which
version you want to check.  If you choose JDK1.0 it will create a file with
only 1.0 tests, if you choose 1.3 it will create a file with 1.0, 1,1, 1.2
and 1.3 tests.

That output file can then be piped into the SimpleTestHarness.

This brings the running of mauve back to one 'java -jar' and then just
following instructions.  (that 'java' is just an example; it should work on
any JVM)
here is the jar file: http://members.home.nl/zander/alltests.jar (1mb)

This surely does not solve the whole problem; but I felt it would be usefull
to point out my progress this far.
--
Thomas Zander