Re: gjdoc-0.7.1-pre1

From: Dalibor Topic
Subject: Re: gjdoc-0.7.1-pre1
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 11:46:20 +0100

Joao Victor wrote:
I think some errors i'm getting now have got to do with not finding
some resources.

First, it was not able to load a file "version.properties". I took a
look at the code (i'm using gjdoc pre3), and it was looking at
"/version.properties", but in the jar
(gnu-classpath-tools-gjdoc-0.7.1-pre3.jar) it was actually in
"/src/resources/version.properties".

After changing that myself, now i'm getting this error:

java.lang.NullPointerException
   at gnu.classpath.tools.IOToolkit.copyStream (IOToolkit.java:63)
   at gnu.classpath.tools.doclets.htmldoclet.HtmlDoclet.run
(HtmlDoclet.java:3013)

Looking at the code there, it tries to copy the resource
/htmldoclet/gjdoc.js, which actually doesn't exist in the jar? Weird
stuff... or maybe i'm doing something terribly wrong.

It's not you, for sure :) It seems that the build system of gjdoc inconveniently leaves a few important files out from the jar file when native build is disabled.

I don't know if that's fixed in gjdoc CVS now, Mark or Julian should be able to give you info on how far fixing gjdoc's build system breakage has been completed.

cheers,
dalibor topic,
still kicking automake for breaking kaffe's build system with a non-sensical bug. :)