Re: OT: Eclipse Additions

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: OT: Eclipse Additions
Date: 21 Feb 2005 14:20:09 -0700

>> * Make sure code formatting can complete handle Classpath's style.
>> In 3.0 this wasn't true.  3.1M4 looked better here, but perhaps not
>> perfect (I didn't try exhaustively).

Phil> I did some work with the Visual Editor group, and they sent me an xml
Phil> file I imported that basically made Eclipse format code in the style
Phil> that they wanted. It was pretty neat, but I forget the mechanism that is
Phil> used.

Yeah, you can export as XML.

In 3.1M4 you can set this as a project property; on the generics
branch I just checked in all the style info, and I think if you check
out the branch with 3.1 it will "just work" -- a very cool way to go.

But, I agree with Per, once the style is refined and working, having
it automatically available (and tested and not broken) in Eclipse
would be cool.

Tom