Re: javax.swing.text.rtf.RTFEditorKit

From: Dalibor Topic
Subject: Re: javax.swing.text.rtf.RTFEditorKit
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2005 19:58:10 +0100

Roman Kennke wrote:
I have started to write an RTF parser with antlr, based upon the RTF
spec:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnrtfspec/html/rtfspec.asp

which is quite easy and fun. When I have this ready, I will include both
the antlr sources and the generated .java files in the classpath source
tree, so that we have no additional dependency. The question here is, is
it necessary that the generated .java files are formatted and commented
just like normal source files? This can easily become a maintainence
nightmare... What are your opinions?

I don't think that's necessary for the generated files, as noone is supposed to edit them.

cheers,
dalibor topic