Re: RPM spec file?

From: Andy Walter
Subject: Re: RPM spec file?
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 18:26:05 +0100

Hi,

On Saturday 19 March 2005 00:32, Archie Cobbs wrote:
> Who do I ask about building a Debian package for JC?

Are you sure you want to manually create rpm and deb packages? There is some
free software called epm that uses just 1 package description to generate
archives for many Unix systems. Some years ago, I tried to understand how to
create rpm archives and found epm much easier to use. Epm also creates
packages for AIX, BSD, Debian, HP-UX, IRIX, MacOS X, Red Hat, Slackware,
Solaris, and Tru64.

The only con is that it is not possible to generate relocatable packages with
it. Maybe you want to have a look at it:

http://www.easysw.com/epm/

Kind regards,

        Andy.

--
aicas GmbH
Haid-und-Neu-Straße 18 * 76131 Karlsruhe