JNode release 0.2 (without nasty ad link... sorry)

From: Ewout Prangsma
Subject: JNode release 0.2 (without nasty ad link... sorry)
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 07:50:29 +0200

The JNode team is proud to announce the release of the version 0.2 of JNode. JNode.org is an open source java OS written fully in java (with a very small assembler nano-kernel).

This is a major release that features the first possibility of running real world java programs on JNode.

We are glad to see the goals set by our 0.2 draft has been reached and are now looking forward to new goals as layed out in our 0.3 draft.

Included as new in this release is:
Support for most of the 5.0 language features, except Annotation
Many GNU ClassPath patches
Many JNode patches
Improved shell command interaction, like piping
Automatic mounting of the jifs (information) file system
Added kill shell command and kill of job/command when pressing ctrl+c running in shell

More information can be found at http://www.jnode.org

I wish to say thank you to all the classpath developers & testers out there, because without you this would not have been possible.

Thanks
Ewout