Re: IIOP tools: Working Classpath CORBA prototype released.

From: Meskauskas Audrius
Subject: Re: IIOP tools: Working Classpath CORBA prototype released.
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 10:13:55 +0200

Could you talk a bit about the things that are still missing, how
difficult they are, etc?

Hello, Tom,

Maybe this is a good idea, I will try to talk.

For instance, the org.omg.IOP is an example of the simple and clear package, not difficult to implement. This package is basically about the IOR profile, a data structure, used by CORBA ORBs to find each other on the web. The IOR profile contains a string and an array of the tagged subprofiles. Each tagged profile has an integer id and the byte array data block. The IOR holder just keeps that structure and the helper has methods for reading/writing it to/from CDR stream. There is also a bunch of funny interfaces, each holding one single integer value - for such classes, an ordinary copy/paste is an extremely powerfull development tool. Clear enough as it is, the IOR profile is additionaly thoroughly described in the documentation I have mentioned before. The only tricky thing it may be that when reading and writing the IOR profile, some data must be encapsulated. To see, how this should be done, look at the currently implemented gnu.CORBA.IOR, written in order to implement the ORB.

Regards
Audrius