CORBA task

From: Meskauskas Audrius
Subject: CORBA task
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2005 22:52:23 +0200

Hi Dimitri,

The most important CORBA task now is an IDL to java compiler, we do not have it at the moment. The compiler can be written using javacc generated parser in the input (the grammar file is already available) and the Apache Velocity templates in the output (I can give some templates from the work I already started). But you still need to know exactly what java classes must be generated by that compiler, an how. For this, you can experiment with idlj of other CORBA implementations. This is a difficult task and I cannot promise success without REALLY using these 200 hours, till the last minute inclusive. But the task would help to learn a lot about the generated parsers, automated template based code generation and the CORBA IDL concept.
Cheers
Audrius.