Re: New volunteer needing task

From: Dimitri Koussa
Subject: Re: New volunteer needing task
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2005 00:38:29 +1000

Hi David,

Thanks for the tasks.
I am interested in working on the imageio plugin for PNG images.

The ImageIO.getReaderFormatNames() method returns an entry that is "png".
ImageIO.getWriterFormatNames() does the same.
Does this mean that the plugins have been written?

I searched the mailing list and found this:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/classpath/2002-07/msg00013.html
Although it does not show whether the class was written or not.

Which package would a PNG imageio plugin go under?
Would it be javax.imageio.plugins.png?

Thanks
- Dimitri