Re: [japitools] more generic evilness - is this legal?

From: Stuart Ballard
Subject: Re: [japitools] more generic evilness - is this legal?
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 21:51:34 -0400

On 9/12/05, David Holmes <address@hidden> wrote:
> Raw types make things very messy. I think your are confusing the nesting
> aspects and the inheriting aspects of types.

You're not kidding that they're messy ;)

I don't think I was exactly confusing the nesting and inheriting
aspects, just misunderstanding the "all or nothing" requirement. I
thought it applied "globally" so you couldn't use a raw type inside a
generic containing class because that would be partially qualified
from a global point of view.

>From japitools point of view it does make things a little complex to
deal with because of the way japi files represent these things - it
does lead to situations where japitools' representation will have to
act as if some types are bound and some unbound. But I can see how
from the Java language perspective this doesn't apply.

> Hope this helps.

It certainly does.

Thanks!

Stuart.