compiling userspace filesystems with FUSE and gcj

From: Stewart Allen
Subject: compiling userspace filesystems with FUSE and gcj
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 16:25:37 -0400

I've been able to successfully compile and run filesystems using FUSE-J with a patched gcj-4.0.2. Without the patch, the filesystem will segfault on the first callback.

My patches to FUSE-J (already submitted for inclusion) are here:

http://mrallen.com/misc/fuse-j-2.2.3-gcj.diff

The patch from Tom Tromey to gcj is here:

http://mrallen.com/misc/gcj-jni-patch.txt

To use gcj, uncomment the GCJ line in the build.conf and make sure gcc-java is installed on your sytem. You will make to change GCJMAIN in the Makefile if you want to build a filesystem other than zipfs.

A little more detail on how to do this is here:

http://mrallen.com/misc/fuse-j-gcj.txt

Stewart