Re: ANN: gjdoc 0.7.6 released

From: Julian Scheid
Subject: Re: ANN: gjdoc 0.7.6 released
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 21:06:55 +0200

David Gilbert wrote:
One question - what's left to do before a 1.0.0 release? I think it's ready now...

I just got a bug report about an NPE and, while fixing it, noticed that
the documentation for abstract methods didn't include the abstract
keyword (!)

With bugs like that still cropping up, I'd rather keep the 0.x tag for
now...

I agree that a major release should be aimed for in the next couple of
weeks, especially because I'm planning a major rewrite of the gjdoc
core.  But the last thing I want is to have some annoying bug in the
first major release ever.  After literally years of on-and-off hacking
on gjdoc, I don't see a need to hurry.

Anyway, thanks for your encouraging words and let's see how well the
fixed 0.7.6 release works for people.  If no other major bugs are
reported against 0.7.6, I'll consider naming the next release 1.0-pre1.

Julian