Re: Mauve results

From: David Gilbert
Subject: Re: Mauve results
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2005 11:19:13 +0000

Mark Wielaard wrote:

Hi all,

+FAIL: gnu.testlet.javax.swing.JFileChooser.accept (number 4)
+FAIL: gnu.testlet.javax.swing.JFileChooser.getApproveButtonText (number 1)
+FAIL: gnu.testlet.javax.swing.JFileChooser.getDialogTitle: uncaught exception:
java.lang.StackOverflowError
+FAIL: gnu.testlet.javax.swing.JFileChooser.getFileFilter (number 2)
+FAIL: gnu.testlet.javax.swing.JFileChooser.getFileView (number 1)
+FAIL: gnu.testlet.javax.swing.JFileChooser.getFileView (number 3)
+FAIL: gnu.testlet.javax.swing.JFileChooser.setAcceptAllFileFilterUsed (number
3)
+FAIL: gnu.testlet.javax.swing.JFileChooser.setAcceptAllFileFilterUsed (number
4)
+FAIL: gnu.testlet.javax.swing.JFileChooser.setAcceptAllFileFilterUsed:
uncaught exception: java.lang.ClassCastException:
javax/swing/plaf/basic/BasicFileChooserUI$AcceptAllFileFilter
+FAIL: gnu.testlet.javax.swing.JFileChooser.setApproveButtonText (number 1)
+FAIL: gnu.testlet.javax.swing.JFileChooser.setApproveButtonText (number 6)
+FAIL: gnu.testlet.javax.swing.JFileChooser.setDialogTitle: uncaught exception:
java.lang.StackOverflowError
+FAIL: gnu.testlet.javax.swing.JFileChooser.setFileView (number 1)
+FAIL: gnu.testlet.javax.swing.JFileChooser.setFileView (number 6)

It would be appreciated if people could investigate the Free Swing mauve
regressions above and say whether or not they feel they are release
stoppers.

Hi Mark,

On my local tree I have a version of JFileChooser that passes all Mauve tests. I haven't committed it because it is combined with a lot of changes to BasicFileChooserUI and MetalFileChooserUI which, unfortunately, are not working yet (I think I'm getting close, but I'm having to work on non-Classpath things right now, so it may take a little while till I can finish this off). If I can find some time tonight, I will see if it is possible to extract some fixes out of what I have and commit them on their own (I'm unlikely to get the whole patch into shape until later).

I'd be interested to know if anyone is actually using the JFileChooser in a real application at present. When I first tried it, it was only just usable. Last time I looked, I think the JList scrolling problem had rendered it useless. It would be nice to get that fixed for the release I think, but I honestly don't know if it is a showstopper (there can't be too many people dependent on free-swing just yet I'd guess).

Regards,

Dave