Re: configure failure

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Re: configure failure
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 14:47:44 +0100

Hi Christian,

On Mon, 2005-11-07 at 12:03 +0100, Christian Thalinger wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-11-07 at 11:15 +0100, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> > for us. Could you try the attached patch and do
> >   make distclean && ./autogen.sh && ./configure --enable-Werror
> > and try if you can get any gui program working.
>
> Yes, works fine for me.

Thanks, works fine here too. So I have sent it to classpath-patches and
committed.

> But when we are at it (-Werror), i've some
> 64-bit patches.

The GtkClipboard is OK. Please post to classpath-patches plus ChangeLog
entry and commit.

> Please review them, especially the second one.  I'm not
> sure why a gpointer is passed to getThreadFromThreadID, when it's
> actually an int?  Maybe that's the case in the first file too, but i'm
> really lost in that code :-)

I admit to be also a bit lost in this code. It was written for getting
gtk+ locks working with the JikesRVM thread model by wrapping normal JNI
locks. In principle this code should work with any runtime that supports
JNI, but I don't know if anybody has tested that (see the
--enable-portable-native-sync code). Julian and Steven (both CCed) wrote
it a long time ago, I don't know if they have tested it recently.

BTW. Which 64-bit platform is this? Does everything AWT/Free Swing etc
work correctly?