Re: RFC: merging GNU Crypto and Jessie

From: Thomas Fitzsimmons
Subject: Re: RFC: merging GNU Crypto and Jessie
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 10:40:09 -0500

Hi,

On Mon, 2005-12-05 at 23:42 -0800, Casey Marshall wrote:

> We can then also merge other parts of GNU Crypto to projects where
> they make sense; its testsuite can go into Mauve (it was written to
> use (a possibly old version of) Mauve's own test harness classes),
> and the various tools can go into cp-tools.

I'd prefer to see the tools (and all of cp-tools, actually) go directly
into GNU Classpath's source repository (under
savannah.gnu.org:/cvsroot/classpath).  This makes it easier to import
them into the libgcj and (presumably) Kaffe repositories and it also
means one less checkout.  In the future when GNU Classpath gets a
bootstrap VM, it will mean the tools can be used in the bootstrap
process, if need be.

Otherwise this proposal looks great.

Tom