Re: Security manager problem

From: Robert Lougher
Subject: Re: Security manager problem
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 19:42:46 +0000

Hi,

On 12/6/05, Gary Benson <address@hidden> wrote:
> Anthony Green wrote:
> > It's been a long time since I've read anything about this kind of
> > stuff, but my understanding is that you simply wrap things like this
> > up in a AccessController.doPrivileged(), since the access control
> > context of the bootstrap or system class loader will permit file
> > I/O.
>
> That's interesting, as I was just looking at an some code in an
> AccessController.doPrivileged() that was doing security checks.
> Perhaps JamVM's AccessController.doPrivileged() is not in fact doing
> anything.

What version of JamVM are you using?  As far as I'm aware, JamVMs
implementation of VMAccessController is complete (it was provided by
Casey Marshall, if I remember correctly).   I've made some recent
changes to the native method that obtains the stack, so it _could_
have broken in 1.4.1.

Do you have a testcase?

Thanks,

Rob.