Re: Hacking Classpath in Eclipse

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Hacking Classpath in Eclipse
Date: 21 Dec 2005 19:21:25 -0700

>>>>> "Mark" == Mark Wielaard <address@hidden> writes:

Mark> I found a cute hack to actually run a single mauve Testlet from within
Mark> eclipse using the just compiled classpath:

Mark> $ mkdir -p ~/workspace/classpath/install/jre/lib
Mark> $ touch ~/workspace/classpath/install/jre/lib/rt.jar

Mark> Now as by magic you can add ~/workspace/classpath/install as JRE to
Mark> eclipse (under Preferences -> Java -> JREs) and then configure Runners
Mark> to use that alternative jre.

Note that this will work for running something, but not if you want
to compile against that JRE.

For the latter I think we need to come up with some kind of "fake jdk"
project.  I actually have the start of one here, but I haven't
finished polishing it yet.

Ideally Eclipse would offer the possibility of auto-exporting the
build results as a .jar.  That would solve this entirely.

Tom