0.20 (next year)

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: 0.20 (next year)
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 12:02:52 +0100

Hi all,

I had wanted to push out one more new developer snapshot release (0.20)
this year, but got distracted by setting up the new builder machine for
automatic regression testing and the eclipse build infrastructure (both
very cool things!). And now it seems that I might actually not have any
internet access till the end of the year/early next year because I am
moving houses (and the internet seems to be stuck somewhere between the
two...). So lets move 0.20 to next year. Lets pick an arbitrary date,
the second weekend of 2006 (between 10 and 12 January).

Please go over the list of features and bugs and think about what you
can finish before 0.20. And if someone wants to go over the ChangeLog
file and add all the big things to the NEWS file that would be really
appreciated. Replying to this post with things you want to work on or
things you want to postpone till after 0.20 is also appreciated to keep
everybody in the loop.

If possible it would be nice to do another generics-branch release at
the same time. So that branch should also be remerged.

And if I fail to find proper internet access in the next one or two
weeks: Happy Holidays!