Re: CACAO in Debian

From: Christian Thalinger
Subject: Re: CACAO in Debian
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 16:35:37 +0100

On Wed, Jan 04, 2006 at 03:24:45PM +0100, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> Nice. It looks like only i86 and powerpc build at the moment. I thought
> you also had alpha, mips and arm working at one point. Is there a list
> of supported cacao platforms?

Michael told me this morning that the alpha builder has some problems.
But now the build run has been done, with errors :-(

/usr/include/asm/fpu.h:92: error: invalid storage class for function
'ieee_swcr_to_fpcr'
/usr/include/asm/fpu.h:108: error: invalid storage class for function
'ieee_fpcr_to_swcr'

Concerning mips and arm, we have 2 JITs for mips: a 64-bit (n64)
released under the GPL and a 32-bit (o32), not released yet.  The arm
JIT is also closed source yet (sorry for that).

A list of supported JIT platforms can be found on the website under
Platforms (http://www.cacaojvm.org/).

I hope we can fix the alpha build...

TWISTI