[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Win CE port
Re: Win CE port
Sat, 21 Jan 2006 08:37:59 -0800
Mozilla Thunderbird 1.0.7-1.1.fc4 (X11/20050929)
Roman Kennke wrote:
Am Freitag, den 20.01.2006, 13:05 -0800 schrieb Per Bothner:
Mark Wielaard wrote:
On Fri, 2006-01-20 at 15:03 +0100, Philippe Laporte wrote:
It is our understanding that a GPL VM can't be freely redistributed
in a commercial product.
There should be no trouble at all freely redistributing such a thing in
a commercial product. Just make sure you distribute the source code for
it to your users.
Just to clarify:
Depends what you mean by "it". If you mean the VM, that may not be
enough, since in an embedded environment it is likely the VM is linked
in with the commercial product. In that case you may also have to
freely redistributing source for the commercial product.
AFAICS this is true for the GPL, but not so with the GPL+linking
exception under which GNU Classpath is distibuted. Maybe someone with
more insight in the license (Mark? Dalibor?) could clarify this?
Correct, but the comment was "GPL VM". I assumed he was talking about
a "VM" that was GPL'd - not the Classpath libraries - which do not
include a VM.
- Win CE port, Philippe Laporte, 2006/01/19
- Re: Win CE port, Roman Kennke, 2006/01/19
- Re: Win CE port, Mark Wielaard, 2006/01/19
- Re: Win CE port, Philippe Laporte, 2006/01/20
- Re: Win CE port, Mark Wielaard, 2006/01/20
- Re: Win CE port, Per Bothner, 2006/01/20
- Re: Win CE port, Roman Kennke, 2006/01/21
- Re: Win CE port,
Per Bothner <=
- Re: Win CE port, Philippe Laporte, 2006/01/24
- Re: Win CE port, Mark Wielaard, 2006/01/24
- Re: Win CE port, Dalibor Topic, 2006/01/21