classpathx-discuss

[Classpathx-discuss] Testing framework

From: Nic Ferrier
Subject: [Classpathx-discuss] Testing framework
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2001 18:03:07 +0100

We had some conversations a while ago about testing.

JUnit was being touted as a good plan. The trouble with JUnit is that
it's IBM licenced.

Would all those interested in testing please check out Mauve and have
a look at it.

I believe we should use Mauve as our test framework because:

- it's a free project
- it's already used for the core libraries
- it has all the necessary compiler/jvm support

It seems to me it would be easy to add test cases for our libraries
to mauve.

Or perhaps we could just steal the config and test case stuff up and
setup a mauvex?

Anyone have a view?

Nic