classpathx-discuss

[Classpathx-discuss] Re: LibxmlJ formalities

From: Nic Ferrier
Subject: [Classpathx-discuss] Re: LibxmlJ formalities
Date: 25 Feb 2003 23:10:01 +0000

Julian Scheid <address@hidden> writes:

> I've started writing a JAXP-compliant wrapper for Libxml2/Libxslt
> which goes by the name LibxmlJ. More on the capabilities and
> limitations of the wrapper in another post.
>
> As discussed before on the Cp-tools list, I want to donate this piece
> to ClasspathX. I'd be ready to check in a preliminary version now,
> let me just get some formalities out of the way.
>
> I want to transfer copyright to the FSF. I've already signed papers
> for Classpath, I assume it is not necessary to do this again for
> Classpath"X"?

If you want to do assign I'm affraid that you do need to do
that. ClasspathX doesn't _require_ (c) assignment however, so it's
not necessary in the short term.

> I have chosen `gnu.xml.libxmlj' as package root for this project,
> `gnu.xml.libxmlj.transform' as package name for the XSL transformation
> part, and I'll use `libxmlj' as CVS module name. OK?

That's great.

Thanks for doing this Julian, it's just what I've wanted to find the
time to do for ages.

Hopefully, I'll now find the time to contribute to gjdoc.

Nic