classpathx-discuss

[Classpathx-discuss] gnujaxp update to 1.2

From: Arnaud Vandyck
Subject: [Classpathx-discuss] gnujaxp update to 1.2
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2003 00:08:50 +0200 (CEST)

Is there a plan to update gnujaxp to 1.2 specification?

If yes,  we should merge  libxmlj or find  a solution to  implement trax
(xslt specification), according to:

http://java.sun.com/xml/jaxp/index.html

Java API for XML Processing (JAXP)

The  Java API  for  XML  Processing (JAXP)  supports  processing of  XML
documents using DOM,  SAX, and XSLT. JAXP enables  applications to parse
and transform  XML documents independent of a  particular XML processing
implementation. Depending  on the  needs of the  application, developers
have  the flexibility  to  swap  between XML  processors  (such as  high
performance vs. memory  conservative parsers) without making application
code  changes. Thus, application  and tools  developers can  rapidly and
easily  XML-enable their Java  applications for  e-commerce, application
integration, and  dynamic Web publishing.  Just added into the  JAXP 1.2
reference implementation is support for  XML schema and an XSLT compiler
(XSLTC). These new  features are also available as part  of the Java Web
Services Developer Pack (Java WSDP) v1.2 Release.

I'd be  very happy to help but  have not a lot  of time to do  it at the
moment but we really need a good free implementation of jaxp (with xslt)
in Debian to run gjdoc and let it goes to the main distribution.

Best regards,

-- Arnaud Vandyck, STE fi, ULg
   Formateur Cellule Programmation.