classpathx-discuss

Re: [Classpathx-discuss] Help needed gnu classpathx mail

From: Chris
Subject: Re: [Classpathx-discuss] Help needed gnu classpathx mail
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2004 00:07:05 +1100

Chris Burdess wrote:

place both sun and custom providers in the
${JAVA_HOME}/lib/javamail.providers file, or use gnu javamail instead of the
sun implementation.

Well I got around it by putting classpathx and javamail in the same "plugin". An annoying restriction, but I can live with it. Ideally the API would allow specifying the classloader.

However I noticed that the classpathx implementation of mbox requires the gnumail.jar gnu javamail implementation. That makes it awkward to use with the Sun javamail. I have to include gnu javamail even though I don't want to use much of it. It also means I have to be real careful with library order. Shouldn't this library be split up into two parts?