classpathx-javamail

[Classpathx-javamail] LGPL replaced by GPL-with-exception

From: Doug Porter
Subject: [Classpathx-javamail] LGPL replaced by GPL-with-exception
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2003 14:54:22 -0800

Nic Ferrier wrote:

> The difference is that the gpl+exception allows linking the code to
> non-gpl. But the source is protected.

Ok. That's simple and clear. And obviously I can't do anything else that
might violate GPL along the way.

On the GNU Classpath page at http://www.gnu.org/software/classpath/ it
talks about "core class libraries", but the exception itself doesn't use
that language. Any idea what the page is talking about?

And is there anything else I need to know, such as risks?

Thanks,

Doug
--
  Doug Porter