classpathx-javamail

Re: [Classpathx-javamail] Concurrency debugging

From: chris burdess
Subject: Re: [Classpathx-javamail] Concurrency debugging
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 17:42:02 +0100

chris burdess wrote:
> i'd like to find out whether there are standard or proposed standard
> logging system implementations in classpath or other gnu projects before
> jumping the gun and creating a completely new system.

well, classpath certainly does support the java.logging api.
unfortunately the design of this is such that it is intrinsic to the
java api - we can't just reference a private implementation. and we
still need to support java 1.3, where this java api is not available. so
i think at least for the time being we'll have to do our own
implementation, and perhaps phase it out in favour of java.logging if
and when 1.3 becomes deprecated.

i have added a centralised gnu.mail.util.Logger class which can be
extended for more specific logging requirements (thread tracking, etc).
i hope this is enough to be going on with.
--
chris burdess