classpathx-javamail

[Classpathx-javamail] Itty bitty issue when sending emails with illegal

From: Øyvind Harboe
Subject: [Classpathx-javamail] Itty bitty issue when sending emails with illegal chars in subject
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2004 19:18:33 +0200

> Sorry about the delay, I'm just catching up with this.
>
> Is this a real issue?

I believe so.

E.g. lets say I have a GUI where I allow users to type in any subject.

The validation of the subject line, according to RTF xyz++, needs to
happen *somewhere*.

> Does Sun's implementation throw an exception?

Its been a long time since I looked at this, but I believe yes.

> Does anyone care?

Hmmm....

My motivation for using classpathx in the first place was to have a
drop-in replacement for Suns stuff when using GCJ.

--
Øyvind Harboe
http://www.zylin.com