classpathx-javamail

Re: [Classpathx-javamail] nntp client

From: Joseph Shraibman
Subject: Re: [Classpathx-javamail] nntp client
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 13:46:45 -0400

When I try to build classpath I get:

checking for gcjh... no
checking for javah... /usr/local/jdk/bin/javah
checking "jni_md.h support"... "yes"
checking for gcj... no
checking for jikes... no
checking for kJC... no
checking for gcjx... no
checking for ecj... no
configure: cannot find javac, try --with-gcj, --with-jikes, --with-kjc, or --with-gcjx

javac from the jdk is in the path, so why doesn't configure find it? Does gnu have some philsophical aversion to sun's javac?

Chris Burdess wrote:
Joseph Shraibman wrote:

I need to write an nntp client, but I can't build the classpathx javamail providers. In order to do so, I need inetlib, which I can't find a download link for so I had to get out of cvs.

http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/classpath/inetlib-1.1.tar.gz

  When I tried to build that I got:

checking for SASL... configure: error: can't find SASL classes; use --with-sasl

Now I don't know why sasl is required but I downloaded http://ftp.andrew.cmu.edu/pub/cyrus-mail/cyrus-acap-api-java- v1.a1.tar.gz

You don't need Cyrus SASL, just the javax.security.sasl classes. If you're using GNU Classpath these classes are included, so you can use --with-sasl=/path/to/glibj.zip --with-auth-callback=/path/to/glibj.zip

With other Java class libraries it can be complicated and depends on which version you use. I'll try and have a look at this and write up some documentation about it.

If you want just the binaries (jars), these are packaged by 3rd parties, e.g. Debian libgnuinet-java and jpackage.org.