classpathx-javamail

[Classpathx-javamail] Re: [patch] Proposed fix for API discrepancies

From: Fernando Nasser
Subject: [Classpathx-javamail] Re: [patch] Proposed fix for API discrepancies
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 14:41:50 -0400

Hi Chris,

Chris Burdess wrote:

Thanks. I committed this as is except invoking a valid Header constructor in InternetHeaders.InternetHeader.

Thank you.

I just send an email with Florent's suggestion regarding the default hostname.

From Florent:

fbenoit it seems that the javamail resolve to localhost = 127.0.0.1 while gnu javamail use InetAddress.getLocalHost().getHostName() and it uses my ip address
fbenoit but the mail server doesn't listen on the whole addresses
fbenoit only on 127.0.0.1 so there are connection refused
fbenoit System.out.println("Addr = " +
InetAddress.getAllByName("localhost")[0]);
fbenoit         System.out.println("Addr = " + InetAddress.getLocalHost());
fbenoit Addr = localhost/127.0.0.1
fbenoit Addr = benoitf/129.183.101.60
fbenoit So, if in gnu javamail, if http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/classpathx/mail/source/gnu/mail/providers/smtp/SMTPTransport.java.diff?r1=1.33&r2=1.34 could be changed into host = "localhost";
fbenoit it will be better

With that in place, we can stop using the Sun javamail.jar and use Classpathx mail instead.

You need to tag it 1.1 or something for us though, so that Tom and I can replace the version that is currently distrubuted in JPackage (thus Fedora, thus RHEL systems) and forward it to the JOnAS folks as the official one for their 4.4 releases. We are now using it for the JPackage Tomcat package as well, and will update all the others that may be still using Sun Javamail.

Thanks again for your prompt response and the fixes.

Cheers,
Fernando