classpathx-javamail

Re: [Classpathx-javamail] gnumail dependencies

From: Chris Burdess
Subject: Re: [Classpathx-javamail] gnumail dependencies
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 09:04:39 +0100

dario wrote:
> may i use sun's activation.jar to compile and use gnumail? according to docs
> it requires gnu activation, but in my project i already use sun's activation
> and i'd rather stick to it if it is allright with gnumail?

Yes, you can use Sun's activation.jar, although the GNU activation.jar
should be a 100% compatible drop-in replacement. If possible please try
with both and report any problems with the GNU version.

> what about other libs? inetlib also requires javax-security and jsse which
> are present in jdk1.5. are they the same? may i use them instead of jessie?

Yes: the dependency is there because these APIs weren't available in
earlier versions of J2SE and classpath. If you use the current version
of classpath or JDK 1.5 you shouldn't need to specify any extra
libraries.
--
Chris Burdess